Night on the Town

After settling in to the hotel for a little while, Amber and I decided to grab something to eat in downtown Raleigh. It's a really nice city, but actually quite small. We drove through it a few times to get a feel of what was around and then found some parking that we hoped wasn't illegal.

After walking around and taking photos awhile, we decided to head to The Raleigh Times Bar and Restaurant. It's a great place right off one of the main streets and it is designed around newspapers. Newspaper clippings surround guests on the wall in all sections of the building, the ceilings are gorgeous and the floors are the original hardwood. Chairs and tables match the old-time feel and the menu is printed on what feels like newspaper.

The building originally housed The Raleigh Times newspaper and therefore the restaurant kept the name. I started with the Chicken Fried Pickles with a side of roasted garlic ranch dressing and continued with the Prime-Rib French Dip. Both the appetizer and main dish were delicious and reasonably priced. Amber had a very large and tasty burger with a side of fries. If I ever came back to Raleigh I'd certainly stop here to eat.

After dinner, we did a little more walking around and then jumped in the car to head back to the hotel. As we approached the hotel I realized that we hadn't traveled down the other side of Route 1 so I asked Amber if she wanted to go for a drive. We only went about 10 miles but we found a couple of stores and a few good songs on the radio. I certainly didn't think I'd hear C'mon 'N Ride It (The Train) on the radio at any point, but we listened and had some fun. I can't wait for tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Etch-a-Sketch