Let's see, what did we do today? Well Amber and I started off at the Krispy Kreme doughnut factory this morning. I didn't beat the old record, but I did manage to devour SIX, yes SIX Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I had two fresh and hot off the conveyor belt and four from the counter (mostly chocolate). I probably could have eaten more, but I didn't want to chance it.
After our first adventure of the day, we headed off to the beach. We didn't have to go far. We pulled into a nearby hotel, parked and headed to the ocean. The day started off really chilly, almost cold, windy and somewhat rainy (more of a heavy mist). But there was blue on he horizon, so Amber and I laid out our towels and stuck it out and it paid off big time! The weather started looking up, the sun came out, and we both jumped in the ocean. I know Amber was really excited because she had never been out that far in the ocean before. I was definitely excited because I hadn't been to the beach all year! Anyway, it turned out to be a lot of fun; we watched a parasail, saw some jumping fish and collected some shells.
After a few hours at the beach, Amber and I came back to the hotel for some lunch and rest. The ocean wiped out all of my energy. I napped for a while and a few hours later we headed back out to find something to do. We ended up at a mini-golf place in Myrtle Beach. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of stairs too. As a result, I have a bunch of blisters on my feet and 'rug burns' on the tops of my feet from my sandy flip flops. All I can say is ouch.
After our mini-golf adventure (which Amber won by two strokes-and yes I still want a recount), we headed to try our hands or feet rather at the state dance, shag. Well, I did warn Amber before hand that it was a hole in the wall place run by some old guy. I looked it up on the Internet first. Well when we got there, we received a history lesson about shag and Ocean Drive. There was a bunch of other oder people there, mostly couples, so we decided to leave. But, at least we tried!
After we found that the shag was a dud, we decided to find another adventure, so we headed back to Myrtle Beach and took a drive around. We finally found a strip or what they call a 'boardwalk.' It was basically a tiny wooden boardwalk, then a long cement sidewalk and a bunch of shops along the way. It wasn't on the beach though. We found an arcade, played a little SkeeBall and hit a couple of shops. We then headed back to the hotel for the night and we've got a big day planned for tomorrow. Since it will be our last full day here, we will probably visit Ripley's Believe It or Not, the beach, definitley eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, and who knows what else. Should make for a very fun day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment