Good Morning South Carolina!

Last night Amber and I decided to go see what Myrtle Beach is all about (we are in North Myrtle). It takes about 15 minutes to get there but there's lot of places to see and visit in between. We ended up parking down by Family Kingdom, some sort of amusement park right by the water. We parked, visited some shops and went down to the beach. I stuck my feet in the water and the temperature was absolutely gorgeous. If I had to guess I'd say the water was about 80-85 degrees. We looked around for a boardwalk but didn't really find one, so we walked towards a pier that we saw in the distance. Myrtle Beach is very different from Ocean City where all of the shops and boardwalk are right along the water. Here, you either have to walk quite some distance on the sand, or come back up to the street where there are only hotels and one or two restaurants.

When we finally made it to the pier, there was a sign that said you have to pay before going out onto the pier. It was only a dollar but Amber and I thought it was stupid to have to pay, so we stood by the entrance and looked out at the ocean for a while. In the meantime, as we are doing all of this walking and sightseeing, it had been drizzling on and off. After we stopped at the pier, we decided to turn around and head back to the car. It started raining a little harder and the wind was blowing so it felt like we were walking through a hurricane. We got drenched but eventually made it back to the amusement park and stopped for ice cream. The amusement park was practically dead. Labor Day was over, it was dark and rainy, so no one was around. We asked the ice cream lady where the boardwalk was and she politely told us how to get there.

We might stop by the boardwalk today, but we're definitely going to the beach! One pit stop first, though. Along the strip here between North Myrtle and Myrtle Beach, there are at least three Krispy Kreme factories. The last time I stopped at one of those I ended up eating 10 doughnuts. We'll see how many I can get down today. :)

Oh, and tonight, we shag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Etch-a-Sketch